This document provides general instructions for the removal and replacement of the memory module and may not apply to all HP notebook PCs. For specific instruction see the documentation bundled with your PC.
NOTE:The actual location of the memory module cover on your notebook PC will vary from the location demonstrated in the video. Use the memory icon to locate the memory module cover on the bottom of your notebook PC.
Use the video as a guide while following the written instructions below.
To view the video press the Play button on the player control bar below the video. |
To stop the video press the Pause button on the player control bar below the video.
To restart the video press the Rewind button on the player control bar below the video.
NOTE:Flash Player from Macromedia is required to view this video. Visit the Macromedia website (in English) to download and install Flash Player.
You will need a Phillips head and a flat head screw driver to complete these steps.
Step 1 - Remove the battery
- Slide and hold the battery release latch to the unlock position.
- Use your finger to lift the battery up and out.
Step 2 - Remove the memory module
- Locate the memory module cover on the bottom of the notebook.
- Remove the screw that covers the memory module.
- Use your finger or a flat head screw driver to lift the inside edge of the memory module and remove it.
- Push both tabs outward simultaneously to release the memory module.
- Grasp the memory module by the edges and pull gently to remove it.
- Align the keyed (notched) edge of the memory module with the keyed area in the expansion slot. Insert the memory module into the slot at a 45-degree angle until it is seated.
- Push the front edge of the memory module down until the retention clips snap into place.
- After reseating the memory module, replace the memory expansion cover and then replace the screw.
Step 3 - Replace the battery
- Insert the battery into the notebook.
- Push the battery into the base enclosure until you hear a click.
- Connect the AC adapter and turn on the notebook.