HP PSC 1610v All-in-One Printer support
HP PSC 1600 All-in-One Printer Series- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)
This document explains how to set up the physical parts of the product. Complete these steps before you install the product software on your computer. If you already set up the product hardware, and need software installation help, see Links to Software Installation Instructions at the end of this document.
This document includes the following steps to set up the product:
- Unpack the All-in-One
- Check the contents of the box
- Prepare the control panel
- Load plain white paper
- Connect the power cord and adapter
- Turn the product on
- Insert the cartridges
Setting up the All-in-One
Follow these steps in order. When you are finished, you can click the appropriate link at the end of this document if you need instructions to install the product software.
CAUTION:Do NOT connect the USB cable now. If you need a USB cable to connect the product to the computer, you will be prompted to connect it at the correct time during software installation.
Step one: Unpack the All-in-One
Remove the tape from the outside of the product, and then lift the access door and remove the tape inside the left side of the product.
Step two Check the contents of the box
The contents might vary by country/region. See the packaging for a list of items shipped in the box.
Step three: Prepare the control panel
- If the control panel overlay is not attached, place the overlay in position, and then press it down firmly on all edges to secure it.
- Remove any protective film from the control panel display screen, and then lift the display for better viewing.NOTE:Watch the display for messages as you set up the product.
Step four: Load plain white paper
Step five: Connect the power cord and adapter
Step six: Turn the product on
Press the On button. After pressing the On button, the green light flashes, and then becomes solid. This might take up to a minute.
If the control panel display prompts you to set your language and country/region, use the arrow keys to make selections in the menu, and then press OK to confirm your selections.
Step seven: Insert the cartridges
Leave the product turned on for this procedure.
- Lift the access door until it stops.
- Pull the pink tab to remove the tape from both cartridges.CAUTION:Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or re-tape the cartridges. This can damage the cartridges.
- With the label facing up, insert the tri-color cartridge in the left slot, and then push it in firmly until it snaps into place.
- Insert the black cartridge in the right slot.
- Close the access door.
- Press OK at each of the prompts on the control panel display to start cartridge alignment.The alignment might take a few minutes. After the page prints, the alignment is complete.
- Check the control panel display for the status, and then press OK . Recycle or discard the alignment page.
Links to software installation instructions
After you complete the previous setup steps, you can install the product software with the product CD or by downloading the software from the HP Web site. For instructions, click the link for your computer operating system.
CAUTION:For USB connections, do NOT connect the USB cable yet. You will be prompted to connect it at the correct time during software installation.
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum