This document provides instructions for the removal and replacement of the hard drive for the x1000, x1200, x1300, x1400, x1500, zt3000, zt3200, zt3300 and zt3400 series notebook PCs.
Use the video below as a guide while following the instructions in this document.
To view the video press the Play button on the player control bar below the video. |
To stop the video press the Pause button on the player control bar below the video.
To restart the video press the Rewind button on the player control bar below the video.
NOTE:Flash Player from Macromedia is required to view this video. Visit the Macromedia website (in English) to download and install Flash Player.
Step 1 - Remove the battery
- Slide and hold the battery release latch to the unlock position.
- Use your finger to lift the battery up and out.
Step 2 - Remove the hard disk drive
- Remove the two Phillips-head screws that secure the hard disk drive to the base enclosure.
- Lift the inside edge of the hard disk drive to unseat the hard disk drive connector from the system board.
- Pull the hard disk drive out of the bay.
- Place the hard disk drive in a static dissipative bag.
Step 3 - Replace the hard disk drive
- Remove the hard disk drive from the static free bag.
- Insert the outside edge of the hard disk drive into the drive bay.
- Press down on the hard disk drive to seat the hard disk drive connector to the system board.
- Replace the two Phillips-head screws.
Step 4 - Replace the battery
- Insert the battery into the notebook.
- Press the battery into the base enclosure until you hear a click.