HP Pavilion dv6000z CTO Notebook PC support
Steps for Removing and Replacing the Bluetooth Module in Notebooks Running Windows XP
This document provides instructions for the removal and replacement of the Bluetooth module for the x1000, x1200, x1300, x1400, x1500, zt3000, zt3200, zt3300 and zt3400 series notebook PCs.
Use the video below as a guide while following the instructions in this document.
| To view the video press the Play button on the player control bar below the video. |
To stop the video press the Pause button on the player control bar below the video.
To restart the video press the Rewind button on the player control bar below the video.
NOTE:Flash Player from Macromedia is required to view this video. Visit the Macromedia website (in English) to download and install Flash Player.
Step 1 - Remove the battery
- Slide and hold the battery release latch to the unlock position.
- Use your finger to lift the battery up and out.
Step 2 - Remove the Bluetooth module
- Remove the two Phillips-head screws that secure the Bluetooth module to the top cover.
- Remove the Bluetooth module from the top cover.
- Disconnect the Bluetooth cable from the Bluetooth module.
- Place the Bluetooth module in a static dissipative bag.
Step 3 - Replace the Bluetooth module
- Remove the Bluetooth module from the static free bag.
- Reconnect the Bluetooth cable to the Bluetooth module.
- Place the Bluetooth module into the top cover.
- Replace the two Phillips-head screws that secure the Bluetooth module to the top cover.
Step 4 - Replace the battery
- Insert the battery into the notebook.
- Press the battery into the base enclosure until you hear a click.