This document can help to resolve situations where the system stops responding during Windows Startup while an iPod is connected to the system.
When attempting to start Windows with an iPod connected to the Firewire (IEEE 1394) port, the notebook may appear to hang with a blank screen. After a few minutes, Windows will start but the iPod connection is not established.
Start Windows normally using one of the following methods:
- Disconnect the iPod before the computer is turned on and then reconnect the iPod after Windows has started.
- Disable the IEEE 1394 Net Adapter to prevent this problem from occurring.
Use the steps below to disable the IEEE 1394 Net Adapter in the Device Manager.
- Click Start then right-click My Computer .
- Select Properties from the menu list.
- Click the Hardware tab then click the Device Manager button.
- Click the plus sign + next to Network Adapters.
- Right-click the IEEE 1394 Network Adapter and select Disable .
For more information on Device Manager, go to HP Notebook PCs - Microsoft Windows Device Manager Symbols, Error Codes, and Definitions .