HP Pavilion dv6000z CTO Notebook PC support
Steps for Removing and Replacing the Memory Modules
This document provides instructions for the removal and replacement of the memory modules for the R3000, R3100, R3200, R3300, ZV5000 and ZV5200 series notebook PCs.
Use the video as a guide while following the written instructions below.
| To view the video press the Play button on the player control bar below the video. |
To stop the video press the Pause button on the player control bar below the video.
To restart the video press the Rewind button on the player control bar below the video.
NOTE:Flash Player from Macromedia is required to view this video. Visit the Macromedia website (in English) to download and install Flash Player.
Step 1 - Remove the battery
- Slide and hold the battery release latch to the unlock position.
- Use your finger to lift the battery up and out.
Step 2 - Remove the memory expansion board
- Remove the Phillips-head screw that secures the memory expansion cover to the bottom of the notebook.
- Use your finger or a flat-bladed tool to lift the inside edge of the memory expansion cover and remove it.
- Push both arms outward simultaneously to release the memory expansion board.
- Grasp the memory expansion board by the edges and pull gently to remove it.
- Place the memory expansion board in a static free bag.
Step 3 - Replace the memory expansion board
- Remove the memory expansion board from the static free bag.
- Locate the alignment slot and align it to the empty memory socket.
- Grasp the memory expansion board by the edges and push gently to seat it securely into the socket.
- Press the memory expansion board down to latch the arms.
- Replace the memory expansion cover.
- Replace the Phillips-head screw.
Step 4 - Replace the battery
- Insert the battery into the notebook.
- Press the battery into the base enclosure until you hear a click.