HP Pavilion dv6000z CTO Notebook PC support
Steps for Removing and Replacing the Memory
This document provides instructions for the removal and replacement of the memory for the M2000 and ZE1000 series notebook PCs.
Use the video as a guide while following the written instructions below.
| To view the video press the Play button on the player control bar below the video. |
To stop the video press the Pause button on the player control bar below the video.
To restart the video press the Rewind button on the player control bar below the video.
NOTE:Flash Player from Macromedia is required to view this video. Visit the Macromedia website (in English) to download and install Flash Player.
Step 1 - Remove the battery
- Slide the battery release latch to the release position.
- Slide and hold the battery locking latch to the unlocked position.
- Slide the battery out of the battery bay.
Step 2 - Remove the memory expansion board
- Loosen the Phillips-head screw that secures the memory/Mini PCI cover to the bottom of the notebook.
- Use your finger or a flat-bladed tool to lift the edge of the memory/Mini PCI cover and remove it.
- Push both arms outward simultaneously to release the expansion memory board to the spring tension position.
- Hold the expansion memory board by the edges and pull gently to remove it.
- Place the expansion memory board in a static dissipative bag.
Step 3 - Replace the memory expansion board
- Remove the expansion memory board from the static dissipative bag.
- Locate the alignment slot and align it to the empty board receptacle.
- Hold the expansion memory board by the edges and push gently to replace it.
- Press the expansion memory board down to latch the arms.
- Insert the memory/Mini PCI cover into the enclosure.
- Tighten the Phillips-head screw.
Step 4 - Replace the battery
- Slide the battery into the battery bay until it is properly seated and the locking latch clicks.