HP LaserJet 1022n Printer support
Using the Embedded Web Server
Using the embedded web server
The embedded web server can be directly accessed on the HP LaserJet 1022n and HP LaserJet 1022nw printers. Software does not need to be installed on the computer; only a supported web browser is needed. To use the embedded web server, Apple Safari, Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 or later, or Netscape Navigator V4.75 or later is required.
NOTE:The embedded web server does not provide E-mail or status alerts.The embedded web server is available in English only.
The embedded web server allows the user to view printer and network status and to manage printing functions from a computer instead of from the printer control panel. Below are examples of the functions that can be performed using the embedded web server:
- View printer status information
- View and print internal pages
- Order new supplies
- Set the type of paper loaded in each tray
- View and change the printer default configuration settings
- View and change network configuration
The embedded web server works when the printer is connected to an IP-based network. The embedded web server does not support IPX-based printer connections.
NOTE:Internet access is not required to open and use the embedded web server. However, if a link is clicked in the Other Links area, Internet access is required to go to the site associated with the link.
Open the embedded web server
- In a supported web browser, type the IP address or hostname for the printer. To find the IP address, print a Configuration page at the printer by pressing and holding the Go button for 5 seconds.NOTE:If the HP Jetdirect print server is at its default IP address (169.254.x.x, 220.127.116.11, or 0.0.0.0) use a "route add" command from the command prompt to add the IP address of the HP Jetdirect to the route table of the computer. The default IP address of an HP Jetdirect Print Server will usually be either 169.254.x.x or 18.104.22.168. For example, if the HP Jetdirect print server default is 22.214.171.124 and the computer's IP address is 169.254.7.75, the route add command would be:
- Using a supported Web browser, enter the IP address of the HP Jetdirect print server as you would a URL.
- The HP Jetdirect main Web page will be displayed. Click Networking , Network Settings , and then TCP/IP or click Administration and then Configuration . From this page, it is possible to modify the TCP/IP addresses and the set community name.
- The embedded web server has three tabs that contain settings and information about the printer: the Information tab, the Settings tab, and the Networking tab. Click the tab that you want to view.
NOTE:Once you open the URL, you can bookmark it so that you can return to it quickly in the future.
The Information tab consists of the following pages:
- Device Status : This page displays product information such as the network name, network address, and model information.
- Configuration : This page shows the information found on the printer Configuration page.
This tab allows you to configure the printer settings from your computer, such as default paper size and EconoMode. If this printer is networked, always consult with the printer administrator before changing the settings on this tab.
This tab allows the network administrator to control network-related settings for the printer when it is connected to an IP-based network.
This section contains links that connect you to the Internet. You must have Internet access to use any of these links. If you use a dial-up connection and did not connect when you first opened the embedded web server, you must connect before you can visit these Web sites. Connecting might require that you close and then reopen the embedded web server.
- HP Instant Support : This link connects you to a set of dynamic web pages to solve specific problems and to determine what additional services are available for the printer.
- Product Registration : This link connects you to the product registration page on the HP website.
- Order Supplies : This link connects you to the Sure Supply website to order genuine HP supplies from HP or a reseller of your choice.
- Product Support : This link connects you to the support site for the HP LaserJet 1020 series printer. You can search for help regarding general topics.NOTE:The HP LaserJet 1020 series printer includes the HP LaserJet 1022, 1022n, and 1022nw printer models.