HP PSC 1510 All-in-One Printer support
Replace and Align the Print Cartridges
Follow the instructions below to replace and align the print cartridges.
This document applies to the HP PSC 1503, 1504, 1507, 1508, 1510, 1510v, 1510xi, 1513, and 1514.
Replace the print cartridges
The following video demonstrates how to replace a print cartridge.
NOTE:This video shows the HP Photosmart C3180. The outside of the product might not look the same as your product, but the steps are the same.
If you have trouble viewing the video or to view the video in a different size, click here to play the video on YouTube .
Follow these steps to replace the cartridges.
Step one: Remove the print cartridges
- If the Power button is not lit, press the Power button to turn the product on.
- Make sure the paper tray is down and there is letter or A4 unused plain white paper loaded in the paper tray.
- Lower the access door until it stops. Make sure the print carriage moves to the right side.
- Wait until the print carriage is idle and silent, and then, using your thumb, lightly press down on a print cartridge to release it.
- If replacing the tri-color print cartridge, remove the print cartridge from the slot on the left.
- If replacing the black or photo print cartridge, remove the print cartridge from the slot on the right.
- Pull the print cartridge toward you out of its slot.
Step two: Install the new print cartridge
- Remove the new print cartridge from its packaging and, being careful to touch only the black plastic, gently remove the plastic tape by using the pink pull tab.Figure 5: Remove the tape1 - Copper-colored contacts2 - Plastic tape with pink pull tab (must be removed before installing)3 - Ink nozzles under tape
- Slide the new print cartridge forward at a slight upward angle into the empty slot. Using your index finger, push the print cartridge forward until it clicks into place.
- If the print cartridge you are installing has a white triangle on its label, slide the print cartridge into the slot on the left. The label for the slot is green with a solid white triangle.
- If the print cartridge you are installing has a white square or a white pentagon on its label, slide the print cartridge into the slot on the right. The label for the slot is black with a solid white square and a solid white pentagon.
- Close the access door.
Step three: Align the print cartridges
If you are installing a new print cartridge, the product begins to print a print cartridge alignment sheet. This may take a few minutes.
- Lift the lid of the product.
- Place the top of alignment page face down in the right front corner of the glass.
- Close the lid.
- Press the Start Scan button.
- The Power button light will blink during the alignment process.
- After the Power button light stops blinking, alignment is complete.