Tape Storage Management Console
Software-based storage management tool for centralized SCSI or SAN fibre attached tape devices.
NOTE:TSMC ReplacedAs of February 2003, TSMC is no longer a current product. It has been retired and replaced by HP Library and Tape Tools
|Supported Operating Systems|
|Supported Tape Drives|
|Supported Tape Subsystems|
|Supported Tape Libraries / Loaders [ 3 ]|
|Supported SCSI Controllers|
|Supported Fibre Interconnects|
Requires installed driver CPQ32FS2.SYS
Note 2: Requires installed driver Adpu160m.SYS
Note 3: Compaq Tape Libraries are unable to perform Standard and Extended Test when the Media Partitioning feature has been selected
Note 4: With Service Pack 6 or later
Note 5: With Service Pack 2 or later
Note 6: Novell NetWare is supported by Tape Storage Management Console V2.0
Note 7: With Support Pack 3 or greater
SANworks Tape Storage Management Console (TSMC) is a browser-based management tool that is designed to aid in the installation and maintenance of Compaq tape drives, tape arrays, and tape automation products in both Direct-Attach and SAN Fibre-Attached environments.
TSMC includes multiple diagnostics capabilities, advanced tests, and system management functions designed to be used by both Compaq storage customers and trained service personnel. The latest TSMC versions available include: TSMC v2.3.3 for Microsoft Windows, TSMC v2.0.1 for Novell NetWare and v2.0 for Tru64 UNIX.
- Browser-based GUI with access through either the host server or remote client
- Compliant with Compaq Insight Manager (CIM), Compaq ELM Server technology, and StorageWorks Command Console (SWCC)
- TSMC HMMO agent allows for one primary and multiple secondary users to access TSMC simultaneously. Primary user has access to issue commands to the devices, while secondary users can browse information only.
- Summary screen listing all Fibre and Direct-Attach devices, as well as the client status
- Provides specific tests for Tape and Automation devices designed to simplify troubleshooting and required service
- Advanced functionality allowing users to execute specific commands for tape and automation devices
- Multiple options for retrieving firmware and application updates for Compaq Tape and Automation devices
- Provides a single point of access for customers to use both diagnostic and firmware upgrade tools.
- Provides information log for test status and results at both the application and device level
- Enhanced capabilities for testing automation functions and managing library media inventory
- Supports Microsoft Windows NT/2000 and Novell NetWare
- Supports Compaq SAN topology
- Distributed through the SANworks Data Protection Suite for Tape Utilities and also available through download via the Compaq.com website
Link to Warranty Information
Click here for additional information regarding worldwide limited warranty and technical support available at: StorageWorks Warranty .
Link to QuickSpecs
Information for this Overview is taken from the product QuickSpecs. To access the complete QuickSpecs for this product, select the desired link from the following list:
Related support links
HP Support forums
Get answers on HP’s peer to peer support forum