HP OpenView Storage Media Operations
Software program that provides tracking and management of offline storage media.
|Current Version||3.02.01Note 1|
|Note 1: IMPORTANT - HP OpenView Storage Media Operations is no longer sold as a stand-alone product. It is now bundled with HP OpenView Data Protector 5.5 as "Data Protector Media Operations".|
HP OpenView Storage Media Operations is a software product that provides tracking and management of offline storage media, such as magnetic tapes.
Media Operations offers a professional solution for IT operations that manage thousands of removable media. It tracks all media whether online, offline, or offsite. Data retention and media recycling policies are enforced for assured service quality. To guarantee backup success, Media Operations monitors media quality and preloads libraries with sufficient scratch tapes.
- Creates daily task lists and organizes tapes for logical data center walkthroughs
- Empowers operator control of removable storage devices for tape loads and ejects
- Automates data exchange with backup software, offsite vaults, and media suppliers
- Supports handheld bar code scanners and media lael printing
- Eliminates the expense of supporting "home grown" media management tools
- Accurately tracks all media, regardless of location
- Enforces data retention and media recycling policies
- Ensures backup completion through library preloads and media quality monitoring
- Tracks from tens to hundreds of thousands of individual media pieces
- Works with HP OpenView Storage Data Protector and other leading backup and recovery tools
Link to Warranty Information
This site provides information on 24/7 service and support for in- and out-of-warranty products.
Link to QuickSpecs
Information for this Overview is taken from the product QuickSpecs. To access the complete QuickSpecs for this product, select the desired link from the following list:
Related support links
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum