HP Photosmart 145 Compact Photo Printer support
'0xc19a0005' or Similar Error Displays
This document is for HP Inkjet printers.
An error message with numbers and letters (alphanumeric code) displays, and there is no additional text describing the cause of the error.
There are many variations of alphanumeric codes. Some begin with '0x...' while others begin with a 'B' or 'C.' Your exact error might not be in the example list, but you can still try the troubleshooting steps outlined in this document.
Examples of alphanumeric error codes (where x is any letter or number) are:
Step 1: Reset the printer
In some cases, removing the ink cartridges and resetting the printer can clear the error message.
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.NOTE:HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
- If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the rear of the printer.
- Try to print.If the issue persists, continue to the next step.
If your printer is from the HP Officejet Pro 8500A e-All-in-One printer series, your printer might need a firmware update. Determine if a firmware update is necessary, and then download any new firmware.
NOTE:If the printer is connected to a network with Internet access, the printer’s firmware can be updated through the control panel and in most cases automatically updates as necessary without any user input. In order for this to occur, Web Services must be turned on.
Print a Printer Status Report from the control panel, and then check for updated firmware.
- Turn on the printer, and then paper into the input tray.
- On the printer control panel, tap the right arrow .
- Tap Setup .The Setup Menu displays.
- Tap the down arrow , and then tap Reports.
- Tap Printer Status Report.The Printer Status Report prints.
- Identify the current firmware version on the Printer Status Report.
- Go to HP Software and Driver Downloads to see if there is a newer firmware version for your printer.
- Select your printer model.
- Click Firmware.
- Compare the version available on the web to the Printer Status Report.
- If the version matches your printer status report, continue to the next step.
- If the firmware version does not match your printer status report, follow the instructions to update your printer.
If the issue persists, continue to the next step.
Step 2: Service the printer
If the previous steps did not resolve the issue, service the printer.
Contacting HP for service in all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
If you completed all the preceding steps and your product still has an issue, service the product.
Check your product warranty to determine if your product is still under warranty, and then go to Contact HP Support to schedule a repair or replacement.
Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty products.
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum