This document pertains to the HP Digital Entertainment Center and a display device that only supports an HDMI connection.
The DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable allows you to connect the DVI output of your HP Digital Entertainment Center to TVs that only accept an HDMI input. Use the following procedures to connect a TV that accepts HDMI, using the DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable (purchased separately).
- Turn off the TV/display and the HP Digital Entertainment Center.For DVI output to HDMI input, you must use a DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable and an audio cable.
- Connect the DVI end of the DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable to the DVI output connector on the HP Digital Entertainment Center back panel.
- Connect the HDMI end of the DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable to the HDMI input connector on the back of the TV/Display.
- Connect an audio cable (purchased separately). You can connect up to 7.1 analog (AUDIO 7.1 PREOUT) or 5.1 Digital Audio (DIGITAL Audio Out) outputs on the HP Digital Entertainment Center.Connect the other end of the audio cable to the inputs on the TV/display or A/V receiver. Refer to the documentation that accompanied your product for the correct location.NOTE:You need to connect an audio cable as DVI does not support audio signals. Refer to Enabling Multi-Channel Sound and Digital Audio for more information.
- Turn on the TV/display and the HP Digital Entertainment Center.
- Set the TV/display input to match the HP Digital Entertainment Center HDMI cable input.Refer to your documentation for information on your TV/display input settings.