This document provides instructions for the removal and replacement of the optical drive for the dv4000, dv4100, dv4200, v4000, v4100, v4200, nx7200 and nx7220 series notebook PCs.
Use the video as a guide while following the written instructions below.
NOTE:Flash Player from Macromedia is required to view this video. Visit the Macromedia website (in English) to download and install Flash Player.
Step 1 - Remove the battery
- Slide and hold the battery release latch to the unlock position.
- Use your finger to lift the battery up and out of the battery compartment.
Step 2 - Remove the optical drive
- Loosen the two captive 5 mm P1 Phillips-head screws and remove the hard drive cover.
- Remove the 6 mm P1 Phillips-head screw that secures the optical drive to the bottom case inside the hard drive bay.
- Insert a paper clip or thin metal rod into the manual release hole on the front bezel of the optical drive and press firmly.
- Grasp the side rails of the drive tray to pull the optical drive out and remove.
Step 3 - Replace the optical drive
- Insert the optical drive into the bottom case until the connector is seated.
- Replace the 6 mm P1 Phillips-head screw that secures the optical drive to the bottom case.
- Replace the hard drive cover and tighten the two captive 5 mm P1 Phillips-head screws.
Step 4 - Replace the battery
- Toe the battery into the bottom case.
- Press the battery into the battery compartment until you hear a click.