HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - E709n support
An 'Ink System' Error Code Displays on the Front Panel
If you have an error message that includes the words ‘Ink System Failure,’ and if do not have 564, 364, 178, 862, or 920 cartridges, you have come to the correct troubleshooting document.
An 'Ink System' error message, usually accompanied by a '0xc18xxxxx' or '0xc19xxxxx' error code, displays on the front panel. The printer cannot copy, receive faxes, or print.
Solution one: Reset the product
- Without turning off the product, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product.NOTE:The USB cable connects to the port on the rear of the product. The port is labeled with the USB icon (). If your printer has a network or wireless connection, ignore this step.
- Remove the cartridges from the product.
- Wait until a message to insert the cartridges displays. If you do not see a message within a few minutes, skip to the next step.NOTE:If your printer does not have a display, wait until the cartridge lights blink. If the cartridge lights do not blink within a few minutes, skip to the next step.
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button ().
- Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the product.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
- If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the rear of the product.
- Try printing again.
Solution two: Service the product
Contacting HP for service in all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
If you have completed all the preceding steps and are still experiencing a problem, service the product.
Determine if your product is in warranty or out of warranty. If you need help determining your product’s warranty status, go to HP’s Warranty Check Tool .