Accessing charge displays
This section explains how to access and interpret battery charge displays.
To access information about the status of any battery pack in the notebook:
- Click the Power Meter icon on the taskbar.
- Access the Power Meter tab:
- In Windows 2000, click Start , Settings , Control Panel , the Power Options icon, and Power Meter tab.
- In Windows XP, click Start , Control Panel , Performance and Maintenance , the Power Options icon, and the Power Meter tab.
Interpreting charge displays
Most charge displays report battery status as both a percentage and in the number of minutes of charge remaining.
- The percent indicates the amount of charge remaining in the battery pack.
- The time indicates the approximate running time remaining on the battery pack if the battery pack continues to provide power at the current level. For example, the time remaining will decrease when if playing a DVD and will increase when the DVD is stopped.
Most charge displays identify battery packs by location.
- Location 1 is the primary battery bay.
- Location 2 is the MultiBay.
On some displays, a lightning bolt icon may be displayed beside a battery pack location. The icon indicates that the battery pack in that location is charging.