HP Deskjet F380 All-in-One Printer support
This document provides instructions for replacing and aligning cartridges.
Follow these steps to replace cartridges.
Step one: Make sure the new cartridge is compatible with the product
Which cartridges you use depends on your country or region. Follow these steps to purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer using HP SureSupply.
NOTE:For the United States only, go to the HP Home & Home Office Store .
- Go to HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country or region location is correct.
Step two: Load plain paper
Make sure you have letter or A4, unused, plain white paper loaded in the input tray. The paper is required for the alignment process after a new cartridge is installed. Do not use colored paper or the alignment will fail.
Step three: Remove the old cartridge
Follow these steps to open the product and remove old cartridges.
- Press the On button ( ) to turn the product on, if it is not already on.
- Open the carriage access door. The carriage that holds the cartridges moves to the center.
- When the carriage is idle and silent, lightly press down on a cartridge to release it, and then pull it out of its slot.To replace the tri-color cartridge, remove the cartridge from the left slot.To replace the black or photo cartridge, remove the cartridge from the right slot.
NOTE:If you are removing the black cartridge in order to install the photo cartridge, store the black cartridge in the cartridge protector or in a rigid, airtight, plastic container.
Step four: Install the new cartridge
- Remove the new cartridge from its packaging and, being careful to touch only the black plastic, gently remove the plastic tape by using the pink pull tab.Figure 3: Removing the tape1 - Copper-colored contacts (do not touch)2 - Plastic tape with pink pull tab (must be removed before installing)3 - Ink nozzles under tape (do not touch)
- Slide the new cartridge forward into the empty slot. Then gently push on the upper part of the cartridge until it clicks into place.If you are installing the tri-color cartridge, slide it into the left slot.If you are installing a black or photo cartridge, slide it into the right slot.
- Close the carriage access door.
Step five: Align the new cartridge
The product prompts you to align cartridges every time you install or replace a cartridge. Follow these steps to complete the alignment process.
NOTE:If you remove and reinstall the same cartridge, the product will not prompt you to align the cartridges. The product remembers the alignment values for that cartridge, so alignment is not necessary and the replacement process is complete.
- Wait a few minutes for the cartridge alignment page to automatically print.
- Load the alignment page face-down on the left front corner of the scanner glass with the top of the page to the left. Close the lid.
- Press the Scan ( ) button. The product aligns the cartridges.
- Wait until the green On light stops blinking, and then recycle or discard the cartridge alignment sheet.
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum