HP Photosmart C3183 All-in-One Printer support
HP Photosmart C3100 All-in-One Printer Series- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)
This document explains how to set up the physical parts of the product. Complete these steps before you install the product software on your computer.
This document includes the following steps to set up the product:
- Unpack the All-in-One
- Check the contents of the box
- Connect the power cord and adapter
- Turn on power
- Load plain paper
- Install the cartridges
Setting up the All-in-One
Follow these steps in order.
Step one: Unpack the All-in-One
Step two: Check the contents of the box
The contents might vary by country/region. See the packaging for a list of items shipped in the box.
Step three: Connect the power cord and adapter
Step four: Turn on power
Step five: Load plain paper
Step six: Install the cartridges
- Open the cartridge door. Make sure that the carriage moves to the right. If it does not move to the right, turn the product off and then turn it on again.
- Hold the cartridges with the HP logo on top.
- Insert the tri-color cartridge in the left slot and the black cartridge in the right slot.Carriage slots
- Figure 13: Tri-color cartridge and black cartridge correctly installed
- NOTE:Make sure that unused, plain, white paper is loaded in the paper tray, then wait a few minutes while the cartridge alignment page prints. Alignment is complete after the page prints.