This document explains how to set up the physical parts of the product. Complete these steps before you install the product software on your computer. If you already set up the product hardware, and need software installation help, see Links to Software Installation Instructions at the end of this document.
This document includes the following steps to set up the product:
- Unpack the All-in-One
- Check the contents of the box
- Connect the power cord and adapter
- Turn on power
- Load plain paper
- Install the cartridges
Setting up the All-in-One
Follow these steps in order. When you are finished, you can click the appropriate link at the end of this document if you need instructions to install the product software.
CAUTION:Do NOT connect the USB cable now. If you need a USB cable to connect the product to the computer, you will be prompted to connect it at the correct time during software installation.
Step one: Unpack the All-in-One
Step two: Check the contents of the box
The contents might vary by country/region. See the packaging for a list of items shipped in the box.
Step three: Connect the power cord and adapter
Step four: Turn on power
Step five: Load plain paper
Step six: Install the cartridges
- Open the cartridge door. Make sure that the carriage moves to the right. If it does not move to the right, turn the product off and then turn it on again.
- Hold the cartridges with the HP logo on top.
- Insert the tri-color cartridge in the left slot and the black cartridge in the right slot.Carriage slots
- Figure 13: Tri-color cartridge and black cartridge correctly installed
- NOTE:Make sure that unused, plain, white paper is loaded in the paper tray, then wait a few minutes while the cartridge alignment page prints. Alignment is complete after the page prints.
Links to software installation instructions
After you complete the previous setup steps, you can install the product software with the product CD or by downloading the software from the HP Web site. For instructions, click the link for your computer operating system.
CAUTION:For USB connections, do NOT connect the USB cable yet. You will be prompted to connect it at the correct time during software installation.