HP Photosmart C3180 All-in-One Printer support
Replacing Cartridges for HP Photosmart C3100 All-in-One Printer Series
This document describes how to replace a cartridge in the product.
Replacing the cartridges
Which cartridges you use might depend on your country/region. Follow these steps to purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer using HP SureSupply.
- Go to HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country/region location is correct.
NOTE:For the United States only, go to the HP Home & Home Office Store .
Genuine HP cartridges can also be purchased from other retailers.
The following video demonstrates how to replace a print cartridge.
NOTE:This video shows the HP Photosmart C3180. The outside of the product might not look the same as your product, but the steps are the same.
If you have trouble viewing the video or to view the video in a different size, click here to play the video on YouTube .
Follow these steps to replace the cartridges.
Step one: Remove the old cartridge
- Press the Power button () to turn on the product.CAUTION:When the product is off, it does not release the cartridges for changing. The product might be damaged if the cartridges are not docked safely on the right side when removing them.
- Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the far right side of the product.
- Wait until the print carriage is idle and silent, and then lightly press down on a cartridge to release it.To replace the tri-color cartridge, remove the cartridge from the slot on the left side.To replace the black or photo cartridge, remove the cartridge from the slot on the right side.
- Pull the cartridge away from the product, out of its slot.NOTE:You can recycle the empty cartridge. The HP Inkjet Supplies Recycling Program is available in many countries/regions and allows you to recycle empty cartridges free of charge.
Step two: Prepare the new cartridge
Step three: Install the new cartridge
- To install the new cartridge, place the cartridge in the appropriate slot at a slight angle.Install the tri-color cartridge in the left slot.Install the black or photo cartridge in the right slot.
- Firmly press the cartridge into the carriage until it snaps into position.
- Close the cartridge access door.
Step four: Align the new cartridge
After you install the new cartridge, the product aligns the cartridges and prints a cartridge alignment page. This might take a few minutes.
If the cartridge alignment does not start automatically, follow these steps to make sure that the product can print the cartridge alignment page:
- Make sure that the product is turned on.
- Make sure that there is unused, plain white paper loaded in the input tray.