HP Photosmart C3180 All-in-One Printer support
Inserting the Memory Cards
Use the information and instructions in this document as a reference when inserting supported memory cards in the HP Photosmart All-in-One.
Supported memory card types
The following memory cards are supported:
- CompactFlash I and II
- Secure DigitalNOTE:SDHC cards are not supported.Mini SD adapters are not compatible.
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Secure MultiMedia Card
- xD-Picture Card
- Memory Stick
- Magic Gate Memory Stick
- Memory Stick Duo (with user-supplied adapter)
- Memory Stick Pro
CAUTION:Using any other type of memory card may damage the memory card and the all-in-one.
Memory card slot locations
The following illustration shows the location of the memory card slots.
Figure 1: Memory card slot locations
|Slot location||Memory cards|
|Top left slot||Secure Digital, MultiMediaCard (MMC)|
Secure MultiMedia Card
Magic Gate Memory Stick
Memory Stick Duo (with user-supplied adapter)
Memory Stick Pro
|Top right slot||Memory Stick Duo (without user-supplied adapter)|
|Bottom slot||CompactFlash (I, II)|
Insert a memory card
- Inserting the memory card any other way may damage the card and the all-in-one.
- When inserting a SD card into the printer make sure not to insert it at an angle as this could bend the pins for the XD reader
- Never attempt to remove a memory card while it is being accessed. Doing so can damage files on the card. You can safely remove a card only when the status light next to the memory card slots is not blinking. Also, never insert more than one memory card at a time. Doing so can also damage files on the memory cards. Do not pull out a memory card while the Memory Card light is flashing green.
- After you have taken pictures with a digital camera, remove the memory card from the camera.
- Turn the memory card so that the label faces up and the contacts face the all-in-one.
- Insert the memory card into the corresponding memory card slot.
Use the following guidelines when inserting memory cards:
- Insert only one memory card at a time.
- Gently push the memory card into the all-in-one until it stops. The memory card does not insert all the way into the all-in-one; do not try to force it.
- When the memory card is inserted correctly, the Memory Card light flashes and then remains solid green.
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum