'The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable' Error Occurs While Installing the Printer Driver
While installing the product software on a computer using Windows XP, the error message The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'PSPrinters08.msi' in the box below occurs.
Follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Click Start, Settings, and then Control Panel.
- Double click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click Preload Deskjet Drivers if listed and then click Change/Remove. Follow the instructions to remove Preload Deskjet Drivers.
- Insert the software disk that came with the printer into the computer CD drive.
- Where "D" is the CD drive, navigate to D:\Util\Support_Tools\Msi_Install_Cleanup\Win2000\msicuu.exe.
- Double click msicuu.exe to run the program. If the printer software is not available, follow the next step to download the program from the Microsoft Web page.
- Go to the Microsoft Web page at http://www.microsoft.com.
- Type Windows Installer CleanUp Utility in the search window at the top of the web page and then click Search.
- Click the Help and Support link for Windows Installer CleanUp Utility.
- Click Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility package now.
- Follow the instructions to install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.
- Click Start, All Programs, and then Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.
- Select the Psprinters entry and then click Remove.Windows Installer Clean Up windowCAUTION:Using the Windows Cleanup Utility incorrectly may cause issues to other software functionality.
Other solutions customers found helpful
HP Imaging and Printing Products -- 'The feature you are trying to use is on a disk that is not available' or a Similar Message Displays on the Computer in Windows