HP PSC 2410 Photosmart All-in-One Printer support
White Lines Through Copies
This document applies to the following products:
- HP Officejet 4300, 6300 series
- HP Photosmart All-in-One 2575, C3100, and C4100 series
This document covers one of the common problems that may be experienced when making a copy from the flatbed glass. Additional information will be found in other documents if the copy quality problem is occurring from the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).
White lines through copies
White lines can appear on a copy in either a horizontal or vertical direction. How the white line appears on the copy will determine the cause and solution.
Horizontal white lines usually indicate the ink cartridge is running out of ink or has some clogged ink nozzles. Try the following steps:
- Some of the ink cartridge ink nozzles may be clogged with dry ink. Use the ink cartridge cleaning service to try to clear them. Follow the steps below:
- Verify that there is plain white paper in the Input tray.
- Press Setup.
- Press or to select Tools and then press OK.
- Press or to select Clean Print Cartridge and then press OK. The unit prints a test page.
- Examine the test page. If the print quality of the page is good, stop here. If the print quality appears to be getting better, run the Clean Print Cartridge utility again
- If the self test appears better, Increase the copy quality setting (Normal or Best) and try copying again. If the quality is still poor, continue to the next step.
- If the quality is still poor, one or more of the cartridges may be low on ink or empty. Follow the steps below to check the ink levels.
- Open HP Solution Center.
- Click Settings.
- Click Print Settings.
- Click Printer Toolbox.
- Click the Estimated Ink Levels tab.Estimated ink levels - both cartridges lowNOTE:You can also open the Printer Toolbox from the Print Properties dialog box. In the Print Properties dialog box, click the Features tab and then click Printer Services button then click the Estimated Ink Levels tab.
- Replace any ink cartridge that is low on ink.
- If the ink levels are not low, clean the cartridge face and electrical contacts at the back of the print carriage.
- Open the front of the unit to access the ink cartridges.
- After the ink cartridges are at the center, unplug the power cord from the back of the unit, and remove the ink cartridges. The power cord must be removed to ensure that the unit is not damaged during the cleaning process.
- Clean the cross-hatched area of the ink cartridge with a soft clean cloth that is slightly dampened with clean water to remove any build up. Avoid cleaning the ink cartridge nozzle plate. Cleaning this area can force foreign matter into the ink nozzles and plug them.Figure 2: Cleaning the ink cartridge1 - Clean in the cross-hatched area only2 - Do not touch the nozzle plate3 - Clean the copper-colored contacts
- With a soft lint free cloth slightly dampened with clean water, clean the copper-colored contacts on the back of the ink cartridges.
- Allow the cartridges to dry before reinserting them.
- Close the unit, and plug the power cord back in.
- Print a self-test page to check the results. Follow the steps below to print a self-test page.
- Press Setup.
- Press or until Print Report displays and then press OK.
- Press or until Self-Test Report displays and then press OK. The self-test report prints.
- If the problem is not corrected by cleaning the ink cartridges, replace the ink cartridge(s).
Visit HP SureSupply to check ink cartridge compatibility or purchase replacement ink cartridges.
- Go to the HP SureSupply website.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and then make sure that the country/region location is correct.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to order new ink cartridges or check ink cartridge compatibility with your printer.
Genuine HP ink cartridges can also be purchased from other retailers.
Vertical white lines usually indicate the scanner did not calibrate correctly. This can be caused by debris on the scanner glass or white reference pad. Try the following steps:
- Turn off the HP all-in-one product and unplug the power cord.
- Open the document cover to access the scanner glass.
- Using a non abrasive glass cleaner, thoroughly clean the scanner/copier glass, and white lid backing on the inside of the top cover.CAUTION:Spray the cleaner onto the cloth. Never spray fluids directly onto the HP all-in-one product.
- Plug in the power cord and turn on the HP all-in-one.
Contact HP if the problem is not resolved
If you have completed all of the steps above and are still experiencing a problem, click Contact HP on this page for more support options.
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum