Follow the instructions below to replace the cartridges.
Video of replacing cartridges
The following video demonstrates the steps for replacing cartridges.
The following video demonstrates the steps explained on this page. The outside of the product might look different, but the steps are the same for your product.
If you have trouble viewing the video or to view the video in a different size, click here to play the video on YouTube.
Replacing the cartridges
- Verify that the unit is on.
- Open the cartridge door.
- Squeeze the gray tab below an cartridge slot to release the gray latch and then lift the latch.Figure 2: Lifting the latch1 - Cartridge latch for the black cartridge2 - Cartridge latches for the color cartridgesNOTE:The cartridge areas are color-coded for easy reference. From left to right, the cartridges are black, yellow, light cyan, cyan, light magenta, and magenta.
- Pull the cartridge toward you out of its slot to remove it.
- Remove the new cartridge from its packaging.
- Hold the cartridge by the handle and then slide the cartridge into the empty slot.NOTE:Make sure that the cartridge is inserted into the slot that has the same shaped icon and color as the cartridge. The copper-colored contacts should be facing the printer as the cartridge is inserted.
- Press down on the gray latch until it clicks into place.
- Repeat steps 3 through 7 for each cartridge that needs to be replaced.NOTE:All six cartridges must be installed. The printer will not work if a cartridge is missing.
- Close the cartridge door.