- Manufacturer's motherboard name: Pegatron ECS RC410-M
- HP/Compaq name: Asterope3-GL8E
- Micro-ATX: 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)
- ATI Radeon Xpress 200 for Intel Processors
- 533/800 MHz (processor dependent)
Socket type: 775
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
- Pentium D 9xx Dual Core
- Pentium D 8xx series Dual Core
- Pentium 4 6x1 series
- Pentium 4 6xx
- Pentium 4 5xx
- Celeron D
- Single-channel memory architecture
- 2 x 240-pin DIMM sockets support unbuffered non-ECC 400/533 MHZ DDR2 memory modules
- Maximum HP/Compaq approved memory is 2 GB
*Integrated audio is not available if a sound card is installed.
- Built-in Azalia 8 channel audio
- Realtek ALC888 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Interface: Integrated into motherboard
- Technology: Realtek RTL8100
- Data transfer speeds: up to 10/100 Mb/s
- Transmission standards: 10-Base-T Ethernet
- One PCI Express x16
- Three PCI
Figure 2: Back I/O panel
1 - PS/2 mouse (green)
2 - Parallel
3 - IEEE 1394a
4 - RJ-45 Network (LAN)
5 - Audio: Rear Speaker Out (black)
6 - Audio: Center/Subwoofer (yellow orange)
7 - Audio: Line In (light blue)
8 - Audio: Line Out (lime)
9 - Audio: Microphone (pink)
10 - Audio: Side Speaker Out (gray)
11 - USB 2.0: 4
12 - Video Graphics Adapter
13 - S-Video
14 - Coaxial S/PDIF Out
15 - PS/2 keyboard (purple)
- One 24-pin ATX power connector
- One 4-pin ATX +12v power connector
- Two Parallel ATA connectors
- Four Serial ATA connectors
- One floppy drive connector
- One CPU fan connector
- One PC fan connector
- One line input connector
- One 9-pin audio header for headphone-out and microphone-in
- Two USB (2.0) connectors supporting 4 USB ports or devices
- One IEEE 1394a connector
CAUTION: Do not change any jumper setting while the computer is on. Damage to the motherboard can result.
This motherboard has jumpers to:
- Clear the Real Time Clock (RTC) RAM in CMOS.
- Disable password checking.
The BIOS password is used to protect BIOS settings from unwanted changes. If you have forgotten your password you may disable password checking.
To erase the BIOS password follow these steps:
- Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
- Locate the jumper labeled CLR_PWD. The jumper is found at the lower right edge of the motherboard, near the SATA connectors.
- Move the jumper on jumper CLR_PWD to pins 2-3.
- Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.
- Hold down the F1 key during the startup process and enter BIOS setup to change or clear the password.
- After changing or clearing the BIOS passwords, remember to reset the jumper to pins 1-2.