This document provides instructions for the removal and replacement of the memory for the dv2000 and V3000 series notebook PCs.
Use the video as a guide while following the written instructions below.
NOTE:Flash Player from Macromedia is required to view this video. Visit the Macromedia website (in English) to download and install Flash Player.
Step 1 - Remove the battery
- Slide the battery release latch to the release position and hold.
- Lift and remove the battery.
Step 2 - Remove the memory board
- Loosen the two captive P0 Phillips head screws that secure the memory compartment cover to the bottom of the notebook. NOTE:Screw location is indicated by the appropriate icon.
- Use your finger or a flat-bladed tool to lift the edge of the memory compartment cover and remove it. NOTE:The memory compartment contains primary and expansion memory boards. The primary memory board is in the lower slot and the expansion is in the upper slot.
- Push both arms outward simultaneously to release the memory board to the spring tension position.CAUTION:When handling a memory board, use care to prevent touching the memory chips on the board. Touching the memory chips could damage or destroy the memory.
- Grasp the memory board by the edges and pull gently to remove it.
- Place the memory board in a static dissipative bag.
Step 3 - Replace the memory board
- Remove the memory board from the static dissipative bag.
- Locate the alignment slot and align it to the empty board receptacle.
- Grasp the memory board by the edges and push gently to replace it.
- Press the memory board down to latch the arms.
- Toe the memory compartment cover into the enclosure.
- Tighten the two captive P0 Phillips head screws.
Step 4 - Replace the battery
- Tilt and place the battery into the battery bay until it is properly seated and the locking latch clicks.