This document provides instructions for the removal and replacement of the optical drive for the dv2000 and V3000 series notebook PCs.
Use the video as a guide while following the written instructions below.
NOTE:Flash Player from Macromedia is required to view this video. Visit the Macromedia website (in English) to download and install Flash Player.
Step 1 - Remove the battery
- Slide the battery release latch to the release position and hold.
- Lift and remove the battery.
Step 2 - Remove the optical drive
- Remove the 8mm P1 Phillips head screw, located in the hard disk drive compartment cover that secures the optical drive to the base enclosure.NOTE:Screw location is indicated by the appropriate icon.
- Grasp the optical drive by the bezel and slide the drive out of the base enclosure.
Step 3 - Replace the optical drive
- Insert the optical drive into the base enclosure until the connector is seated.
- Replace the 8mm P1 screw that secures the optical drive to the base enclosure.
Step 4 - Replace the battery
- Tilt and place the battery into the battery bay until it is properly seated and the locking latch clicks.