HP Deskjet 3325 Color Inkjet Printer support
Installing and Configuring an Alternate Driver in Windows Vista
An alternate compatible print driver solution for your HP product is included with the Windows Vista Operating system and is already on your computer. There is no need to download anything.
Use this document to identify the print driver that is compatible with your HP product and to install and configure it on the computer. This print driver makes it possible to use the basic functions for the product.
There is not a full-feature Windows Vista print driver solution available.
Installing and configuring a compatible driver
Follow the steps below to install and configure the print driver that is compatible with your HP product.
Step one: Determine the appropriate compatible driver
Use the following list to find the print driver that is compatible with your HP product.
|Deskjet 3320, 3325, 3420, and 3520||Deskjet 3600|
|Photosmart 7600 series||Deskjet 5600|
|Deskjet 5850||Deskjet 5600|
|Photosmart 130 and 230||Photosmart 330|
|Photosmart 145 and 245||Photosmart 330|
|Photosmart 7350 and 7550||Deskjet 5550|
|Deskjet 6122 and 6127||Deskjet 990c|
|Deskjet 3816 and 3820||Deskjet 970cse|
|Deskjet 656||Deskjet 660c|
Step two: Install the driver
Install the compatible print driver on the computer.
- Make sure that the USB cable is not connected to the HP product.
- From the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), type control printers in the Start Search box, and then press Enter . The Printers window appears.
- Click Add a printer and then click Add a local printer .
- Click the Use an existing port check box.
- In the Use an existing port drop-down list, select LPT1: (Printer Port) and then click Next .
- Under Manufacturer on the Install the printer driver dialog box, select HP .
- Under Printers , select the appropriate alternate print driver for the HP product and then click Next .
- In the Printer name text box, type the HP product name and then click Next . The print driver starts to install.NOTE:The name of the alternate print driver appears as the default name. The name can be changed to the name of the HP product, if desired.
- After a message appears on the computer that the product was added successfully, connect the USB cable to the product and to the computer.
- On the Found New Hardware screen, click Cancel .NOTE:If multiple pop-up windows appear, click Cancel on each window.
Step three: Configure the driver
Configure the installed print driver.
- In the Printers window, right-click the name of the HP product and then click Properties . The Properties dialog box appears.
- Click the Ports tab.
- Change the port from LPT1 to USB or DOT4 , as indicated in the following table.NOTE:If there is more than one USB/DOT4 port available, choose the USB/DOT4 port with the highest port number, because this port is usually assigned to the last connected and detected USB print device. To adjust the width of the ports row in the Properties dialog box to see the full port name, put the cursor over the vertical line between Port and Description , click and hold the mouse button, and then move the mouse to the right until the port name is visible.
Product USB port DOT 4 port Deskjet 3320, 3325, 3420, and 3520 Yes No Photosmart 7660 Yes No Deskjet 5850 Yes No Photosmart 130 and 230 No Yes Photosmart 145 and 245 Yes No Photosmart 7350 and 7550 No Yes Deskjet 6122 and 6127 Yes No Deskjet 3816 and 3820 Yes No Deskjet 656 Yes No
- Click Apply .
Step four: Print a test page
- In the Properties dialog box, click the General tab.
- Click Print Test Page .
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum