HP Pavilion dv6000z CTO Notebook PC support
Steps for Removing and Replacing the Memory
This document provides instructions for the removal and replacement of the memory for the dv6000 and V6000 series notebook PCs.
Use the video as a guide while following the written instructions below.
NOTE:Flash Player from Macromedia is required to view this video. Visit the Macromedia website (in English) to download and install Flash Player.
Step 1 - Remove the battery
- Slide and hold the battery release latch to the release position.
- Lift the front edge of the battery and remove it from the battery bay.
Step 2 - Remove the memory board
- Loosen the three captive P1 Phillips-head screws that secure the memory/wireless LAN Minicard cover to the bottom of the notebook.
- Use your finger or a flat-bladed tool to lift the edge of the memory/wireless LAN Minicard cover and remove it.NOTE:The primary and expansion memory slots are both located under the memory/wireless LAN Minicard cover. The primary memory slot is located on the bottom and the expansion memory slot is located on top. If an expansion memory board is installed, it must be removed before the primary memory board can be removed.
- Push both arms outward simultaneously to release the memory board to the spring tension position.CAUTION:When handling a memory board, use care to prevent touching the memory chips on the board. Touching the memory chips could damage or destroy the memory.
- Grasp the memory board by the edges and pull gently to remove it.
- Place the memory board in a static dissipative bag.
Step 3 - Replace the memory board
- Remove the memory board from the static dissipative bag.
- Locate the alignment slot and align it to the empty board receptacle.
- Grasp the memory board by the edges and push gently to replace it.
- Press the memory board down to latch the arms.
- Toe the memory/wireless LAN Minicard cover into the base enclosure.
- Tighten the three captive P1 Phillips-head screws
Step 4 - Replace the battery
- Toe the rear edge of the battery into the base enclosure.
- Lower the front edge of the battery and press the battery into the battery bay until the release latch clicks.