HP Pavilion dv6000z CTO Notebook PC support
Steps for Removing and Replacing the Hard Disk Drive
This document provides instructions for the removal and replacement of the hard disk drive for the dv6000 and V6000 series notebook PCs.
Use the video as a guide while following the written instructions below.
NOTE:Flash Player from Macromedia is required to view this video. Visit the Macromedia website (in English) to download and install Flash Player.
Step 1 - Remove the battery
- Slide and hold the battery release latch to the release position.
- Lift the front edge of the battery and remove it from the battery bay.
Step 2 - Remove the hard disk drive
- Loosen the two captive P1 Phillips-head screws that secure the hard disk drive cover to the bottom of the notebook.
- Use your finger or a flat-bladed tool to lift the outside edge of the hard disk drive cover and remove it.
- Grasp the Mylar tab and lift the outside edge of the hard disk drive to disconnect it from the system board connector.
- Place the hard disk drive in a static dissipative bag.
Step 3 - Replace the hard disk drive
- Remove the hard disk drive from the static dissipative bag.
- Toe the inside edge of the hard disk drive into the inside edge of the hard disk drive bay and push the outside edge down until the connector is seated.
- Toe the inside edge of the hard disk drive cover into the base enclosure and lower it into position.
- Tighten the two captive P1 Phillips-head screws that secure the hard disk drive cover to the bottom of the notebook.
Step 4 - Replace the battery
- Toe the rear edge of the battery into the base enclosure.
- Lower the front edge of the battery and press the battery into the battery bay until the release latch clicks.