HP Pavilion dv6000z CTO Notebook PC support
Steps for Removing and Replacing the CD or DVD Drive
This document provides instructions for the removal and replacement of the optical drive for the dv6000 and V6000 series notebook PCs.
Use the video as a guide while following the written instructions below.
NOTE:Flash Player from Macromedia is required to view this video. Visit the Macromedia website (in English) to download and install Flash Player.
Step 1 - Remove the battery
- Slide and hold the battery release latch to the release position.
- Lift the front edge of the battery and remove it from the battery bay.
Step 2 - Remove the optical drive
- Remove the 6 mm P1 Phillips-head screw that secures the optical drive to the bottom of the notebook.
- Use your finger to grasp the edge of the optical drive bezel and slide the optical drive out of the base enclosure.
Step 3 - Replace the optical drive
- Insert the optical drive into the base enclosure until the connector is seated.
- Replace the 6 mm P1 Phillips-head screw that secures the optical drive to the bottom of the notebook.
Step 4 - Replace the battery
- Toe the rear edge of the battery into the base enclosure.
- Lower the front edge of the battery and press the battery into the battery bay until the release latch clicks.