Follow the instructions below to replace the print cartridges.
Replace the print cartridges
Step one: Remove the print cartridges
- To make sure the HP All-in-One is turned on press the On button on the front panel of the All-in-One. The On button is lit when the HP All-in-One is on.CAUTION:If the HP All-in-One is turned off when you open the print cartridge door to access the print cartridges, the HP All-in-One will not release the cartridges for changing. You might damage the HP All-in-One if the print cartridges are not docked safely on the right side when you try to remove them.
- Open the top cover by lifting it upward. The print carriage moves to the far right side of the HP All-in-One.
- Wait until the print carriage is idle and silent, and then lightly press down on a print cartridge to release it.To replace the tri-color print cartridge, remove the print cartridge from the slot on the left.To replace the black or photo print cartridge, remove the print cartridge from the slot on the right.
- Pull the print cartridge out towards you to remove it.
Step two: Install the new print cartridges
- Remove the new print cartridge from its packaging and, being careful to touch only the black plastic, gently remove the plastic tape by using the pink pull tab.Figure 5: Removing the tape1 - Copper-colored contacts2 - Plastic tape with pink pull tab (must be removed before installing)3 - Ink nozzles under tape
- Slide the new print cartridge forward into the empty slot. Then gently push on the upper part of the print cartridge forward until it clicks into the socket.To install the tri-color print cartridge, slide it into the left slot.To install a black or photo print cartridge, slide it into the right slot.
- Close the print cartridge door.Gently lower the top cover back to its original position.
Step three: Align the print cartridges
The HP All-in-One prompts you to align cartridges every time you install or replace a print cartridge. Use the following steps to align the print cartridges from the control panel.
- Make sure you have letter or A4 unused plain white paper loaded in the input tray and then press OK .
- The HP All-in-One prints a print cartridge alignment sheet.NOTE:If you have colored paper loaded in the input tray when you align the print cartridges, the alignment will fail. Load unused plain white paper into the input tray, and then try the alignment again.
- Place the alignment sheet on the scanner glass for scanning.
- Press OK to begin the alignment.
- The HP All-in-One aligns the print cartridges. Recycle or discard the print cartridge alignment sheet.