HP Officejet Pro L7590 All-in-One Printer support
Installing Cartridges and Printheads
Follow the instructions in the order presented to install the cartridges and printheads for the first time.
Video of installing cartridges and printheads
The following video demonstrates how to replace a printhead.
NOTE:The product shown in the video is the Officejet Pro L7780. The outside of the product might look different, but the steps are similar for your product.
If you have trouble viewing the video or to view the video in a different size, click here to play the video on YouTube.
Install the cartridges and printheads
Step one: Install the cartridges
In order for the HP All-in-One to work, all four cartridges must be correctly installed.
Follow these steps to install the cartridges.
- Open the cartridge cover.
- Remove each cartridge from its package.
- Align each cartridge with its color-coded slot, and then insert the cartridge into the slot.
- Press down firmly on the cartridges until they snap into place.
- Close the cartridge cover.
Step two: Install the printheads
Follow these steps to install the printheads.
- Open the top cover of the printer. Press and hold the OK button until the carriage moves to the left.CAUTION:Be careful not to proceed until the carriage is on the left side of the printer. If the carriage does not move to the left automatically, turn the printer off and back on and then try holding down the OK button again. The printhead can be damaged if the carriage is not all the way to the left for installation.
- If you are installing printheads for the first time, remove the cardboard cover from the printhead carriage.
- Lift the printhead latch.
- Before installing a printhead, shake the printhead up and down at least six times while the printhead is still in its packaging.
- Remove the new printhead from its package, and then remove its orange protective caps.CAUTION:Do not shake the printheads after you remove the caps.
- Insert the printhead into its color-coded slot. The label on the printhead must match the label on the printhead latch.
- Press down firmly on the printhead to make sure of proper contact.
- Pull the printhead latch all the way forward, and then press down to properly engage the latch.NOTE:You might have to apply some pressure to engage the latch.
- Close the top cover.
Step three: Align the printheads
Whenever you insert or replace a printhead, the printer automatically aligns the printheads to provide the best print quality. If the printer does not print the alignment page automatically, start the alignment process manually.
If you installed the HP software that came with the printer, you can use the instructions in the left column below. If you did not, you can use the instructions in the right column.
|HP software is installed||No HP software|
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum