Follow the instructions below to install the print cartridges.
Installing the print cartridges
- Verify that the HP All-in-One is on. Press the On button to turn on the HP All-in-One. The On button is lit when the HP All-in-One is on.
- Open the print cartridge door. The print carriage moves to the center of the HP All-in-One. Verify that there is plain paper loaded in the input tray.
- Remove the new print cartridge from its packaging and, being careful to touch only the black plastic, gently remove the plastic tape by using the pink pull tab.Figure 2: Removing the tape1 - Copper-colored contacts2 - Plastic tape with pink pull tab (must be removed before installing)3 - Ink nozzles under tape
- Insert the new print cartridge forward into the empty slot. Then gently push on the upper part of the print cartridge forward until it clicks into the socket.
Figure 3: Print cartridge locations1 - Print cartridge slot for the tri-color print cartridge2 - Print cartridge slot for the black and photo print cartridges
- Insert the tri-color print cartridge into the left slot.
- Insert the black or photo print cartridge into the right slot.
- Close the print cartridge access door.Figure 4: Closing the print cartridge door
- If a new print cartridge is installed, the print cartridge alignment process starts after about 20 seconds.
- The HP All-in-One aligns the print cartridges. Recycle or discard the print cartridge alignment sheet.