HP Photosmart C4270 All-in-One Printer support
Cleaning the Outside of the All-in-One
Fingerprints, smudges, hair, and dust on the main glass surface slow down performance and affect the accuracy of the copy and scan features. To ensure that the copies and scans remain clear, There might be a need to clean the glass and lid backing. There also might be a need to dust the exterior of the HP All-in-One.
Clean the outside of the All-in-One
Use a soft cloth or slightly moistened sponge to wipe dust, smudges, and stains off the case. The interior of the HP All-in-One does not require cleaning. Keep fluids away from the control panel and the interior of the HP All-in-One.
CAUTION:To avoid damage to the exterior of the HP All-in-One, do not use alcohol or alcohol-based cleaning products.
Clean the scanner glass and white scan backing
- Turn off the HP All-in-One, unplug the power cord, and raise the lid.
- Clean the glass with a soft cloth or sponge slightly moistened with a non-abrasive glass cleaner.CAUTION:Do not use abrasives, acetone, benzene, or carbon tetrachloride on the glass, since they can damage it. Do not place or spray liquid directly on the glass. The liquid might seep under the glass and damage the device.
- Dry the glass with a dry, soft, lint-free cloth to prevent spotting.
- Clean the white document backing with a soft cloth or sponge slightly moistened with a mild soap and warm water.
- Wash the backing gently to loosen debris. Do not scrub the backing.
- Dry the backing with a dry, soft, lint-free cloth.CAUTION:Do not use paper-based wipes, as these might scratch the backing.
- If further cleaning is needed, repeat the previous steps using isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol, and wipe the backing thoroughly with a damp cloth to remove any residual alcohol.CAUTION:Be careful not to spill alcohol on the glass or exterior of the HP All-in-One, as this might damage the device.
- Plug in the power cord, and then turn on the HP All-in-One.