HP Deskjet D1460 Printer support
Setting Up the Product (Hardware)
This document explains how to set up the physical parts of the product. Complete these steps before you install the product software on your computer.
Setting up the product
Follow these steps in order.
Step One: Unpack the product
- Remove all tape and protective film from the lid and from the front and back of the product
- Pull the paper tray down.
Step two: Unfold the paper trays
The paper tray holds paper and other print media. Unfold the paper tray before printing.
Step six: Install the cartridges
- Remove the cartridge from its packaging and carefully remove the pink plastic tape. Hold the cartridge so that the copper strips are on the bottom and facing toward the product.CAUTION:Do not touch the cartridge ink nozzles or copper contacts. Contact with these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections. Do not remove the copper strips. The strips are required electrical contacts.
- Open the product cover, and then wait for the carriage to move to the middle of the product.
- When the carriage is idle and silent, hold the tri-color cartridge in front of the left slot, with the copper contacts facing down and toward the product.
- Hold the front of the cartridge so that it is pointed up slightly, and then insert the cartridge into the slot.
- Press firmly until the cartridge clicks into place.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 to install the black cartridge.NOTE:The black cartridge might not be included with the product. It is not required to operate the product.
- Close the cover.