- Manufacturer's motherboard name: ASUS P5LP-LE
- HP/Compaq name: Leonite-GL8E
- Micro-ATX: 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)
- Northbridge: Intel 945G
- Southbridge: ICH7DH
- 533 MHz, 800 MHz, 1066 MHz (processor dependent)
Socket type: 775
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
- Core 2 Duo E6x00
- Core 2 Duo E4x00
- Pentium D 9x0 Dual Core
- Pentium D 8xx Dual Core
- Pentium 4 6x1 series
- Celeron D 3xx series
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Four 240-pin DDR2 DIMM sockets
- Supports PC2 3200 (400 MHz), PC 4200 (533 MHz) and PC2 5300 (667 MHz) DDR2 DIMMs
- non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
- Maximum HP/Compaq approved memory is 4 GB*
- 32 bit PCs cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
*Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed.
- Integrated graphics using Intel GMA 950
- Also supports PCI Express x16 graphics cards
*Integrated audio is not available if a sound card is installed.
- High Definition 8 channel audio
- Supports SPDIF input/output
- Audio CODEC: Realtek ALC888
- Interface: Integrated into motherboard
- Technology: Intel 82562V
- Data transfer speeds: up to 10/100Mb/s
- Transmission standards:10-Base-T Ethernet
- One PCI Express x16
- Three PCI
Figure 2: Back I/O panel
1 - PS/2 mouse (green)
2 - IEEE 1394a
3 - RJ-45 Network (LAN)
4 - Audio: Rear Speaker Out (black)
5 - Audio: Center/Subwoofer port (yellow orange)
6 - Audio: Line In (light blue)
7 - Audio: Line Out (lime)
8 - Audio: Microphone (pink)
9 - Audio: Side Speaker Out (gray)
10 - USB 2.0: 4
11 - Video Graphics Adapter
12 - Coaxial SPDIF Out
13 - Coaxial SPDIF In
14 - PS/2 keyboard (purple)
- One 24-pin ATX power connector
- One 4-pin ATX power connector
- One PATA connector
- Four SATA connectors
- One floppy drive connector
- Two 12v fan connector for CPU fan and System fan
- One 9-pin header for power button, reset button, power LED, and HDD LED
- One SPDIF-Audio output connector
- One line input connector (interrupts line input on back panel, Vista capable, requires matching front audio jack module)
- One 9-pin audio header for headphone-out and microphone-in (yellow, Vista capable, requires matching front audio jack module)
- Two USB 2.0 connectors supporting 4 additional USB 2.0 ports
- One IEEE 1394a header
- One jumper for resetting BIOS settings
- One jumper to disable BIOS password checking
CAUTION: Do not change any jumper setting while the computer is on. Damage to the motherboard can result.
This motherboard has jumper to clear the Real Time Clock (RTC) RAM in CMOS. In the default (normal) position the jumper is on pins 2-3.
The BIOS password is used to protect BIOS settings from unwanted changes. If the BIOS password has been forgotten, disable password checking to enter setup and change or erase the password.
To erase the BIOS password follow these steps:
- Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
- Locate the jumper labeled CLPWD. The jumper is found at the top edge of the motherboard, near the DIMM sockets. In the default (normal) position the jumper is on pins 2-3.
- Move the jumper on jumper CLPWD to pins 1-2 to clear password.
- Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.
- Hold down the F1 key during the startup process and enter BIOS setup to change or clear the password.
- After changing or clearing the BIOS passwords, remember to reset the jumper to pins 2-3.