Follow the instructions below to replace the print cartridges.
Replacing the print cartridges
Step one: Remove the old print cartridge
- Turn on the unit, then open the print carriage access door. The print carriage moves to the right side of the unit.
- Press down on the print cartridge, and then slide it out of the print cartridge cradle.
Step two: Install the print cartridges
- Verify that the printer is turned on.
- Load Letter or A4 plain, white paper in the paper tray.
- Open the printer cover.
- Wait until the print cartridge cradle moves to the right side of the printer and is idle and quiet.
- Remove the new print cartridge from its packaging and, being careful to touch only the black plastic, gently remove the plastic tape by using the pink pull tab.Figure 1: Remove the tape1 - Copper-colored contacts2 - Plastic tape with pink pull tab (must be removed before installing)3 - Ink nozzles under tape
- Slide the print cartridge at a slight upward angle into the cradle until the cartridge snaps into place.
- Close the printer cover. Align the print cartridges for optimum print quality.
WARNING:Keep both new and used print cartridges out of the reach of children.
Step three: Align the print cartridges
- Load Letter or A4 unused plain white paper in the paper tray.
- Open the Printer Toolbox .
- Open the Printer Properties dialog box.
- Click Features .
- Click Printer services . The Toolbox is displayed.
- Click Align the Print Cartridges .
- Click Align , and then follow the onscreen instructions.The device prints a test page, aligns the print cartridges, and calibrates the printer. Recycle or discard the test page.