HP Photosmart C5275 All-in-One Printer support
Windows XP and Vista: Printing Directly onto a CD or DVD in Roxio Express Labeler
This document explains how to print directly onto a CD or DVD using the Roxio Express Labeler software.
Roxio Express Labeler is software used for printing directly onto CDs and DVDs and CD and DVD labels.
A video available on YouTube demonstrates how to print on a CD or DVD. The steps in the YouTube video differ in some ways from the instructions on this page, but might still be helpful.
Printing directly onto a CD or DVD
Follow these steps to print directly onto a CD or DVD using the Roxio Express Labeler software.
Step one: Obtain the software
If you do not already have Roxio Express Labeler , you can download it from the HP Web site. Follow these steps to download and install the software:
- Under Select your product , click the link for your model number.
- Click your operating system. A list of available software and driver downloads appears.
- Under Software , click Roxio Express Labeler .
- Read all of the information on the download page thoroughly, and then follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the software.
Step two: Load the CD or DVD into the HP All-in-One
Follow these instructions to load the CD or DVD into the product.
- Move the product at least 75 mm (3 inches) away from the wall.NOTE:While printing on the disc, the CD/DVD holder protrudes about 75 mm (3 inches) at the back of the product.
- Remove the CD/DVD holder from the storage area below the main tray.
- Place the CD/DVD printable-side up on the ring at the end of the holder with the arrows.
- Snap the CD/DVD securely into place.NOTE:If you are using a small disc, flip the CD/DVD holder ring over the disc.
- Lower the CD/DVD tray.
- Push the CD/DVD holder into the product until the lines on the holder line up with the white lines on the CD/DVD tray.Figure 4: Insert the disc holder into the product
Step three: Create and print a label
- Depending on the operating system, use one of the following methods to open Roxio Express Labeler :
If you installed Roxio Express Labeler using the Typical installation, you can also open the program from HP Solution Center. Depending on the operating system, use one of the following methods to open HP Solution Center and Roxio Express Labeler:
- Windows XP: Click Start , click All Programs , point to Roxio Express Labeler , and then click Roxio Express Labeler .
- Windows Vista: Click the Windows icon ( ), click All Programs , point to Roxio Express Labeler , and then click Roxio Express Labeler .
In HP Solution Center, click Home , and then click Print on CD/DVD .
- Windows XP: Click Start , click All Programs , point to HP , and then click HP Solution Center .
- Windows Vista: Click the Windows icon ( ), click All Programs , point to HP , and then click HP Solution Center .
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a label.
- Click Print to print the label on the CD or DVD.