HP Photosmart C5280 All-in-One Printer support
Cleaning the Paper Feed Rollers
This document describes how to clean the paper feed rollers. Paper feed rollers can be coated with paper dust over time and lose their ability to feed paper correctly.
Cleaning the paper feed rollers
CAUTION:Dust and paper fibers may accumulate on the paper feed rollers due to constant use of the printer. This can cause paper feed problems.
Perform the following steps to clean the paper feed rollers:
- Turn off the all-in-one and unplug the power cord.
- Remove the rear access door.
- Clean each roller using a clean lint-free cloth lightly moistened with water (distilled water preferred).
- Rotate the rollers to clean the entire surface.
- Verify that the paper feed rollers on the rear access door are clean and rotate easily.
- Re-seat the rear access door.
- Plug in the power cord and turn on the all-in-one.