Error in Roxio Creator Basic: The certificate file is missing or has been corrupted
If the following error message displays when you try to open Roxio Creator Basic, the certificate file has been corrupted. Delete the certificate file and then open Roxio Creator Basic.
Deleting the certificate file
If the certificate file has been corrupted, you must delete the file. The next time you open Roxio Creator Basic, a new version of the certificate file is automatically created, allowing the program to run. Use the following steps to delete the corrupted certificate file:
- Click Start and then click Computer.
- Double-click the C: Drive.
- Set Windows to view hidden system files:
- From the explorer window press the Alt key to view the file menu.
- Click Tools, and then select Folder Options.
- Select the View tab.
- Select Show hidden files and folders, and then click OK.
- Double-click ProgramData, and then double-click Sonic.
- Right-click sarlicense9, and then select Delete.
- In the Delete File window, click Yes to move the file to the Recycle Bin.You can now open Roxio Creator.
- Click Start , All Programs, Roxio, and then click Creator Basic v9 to open Roxio Creator.
Other solutions customers found helpful
Related support links
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum