Updating Software Using the HP Software Update Utility in Windows
Download the latest updates for product software periodically to ensure that you have the latest features and improvements.
Using the HP Software Update Utility
NOTE: You must be connected to the Internet before using the HP Software Update utility.
- Open the HP Software Update utility.
- Click Start .
- Click Programs or All Programs .
- Click HP .
- Click HP Update .
- Click Next . HP Software Update searches the HP Web site for product software updates. If the computer does not have the most recent version of the product software installed, a software update displays in the HP Software Update window.NOTE:If the computer has the most recent version of the product software installed, No new updates available displays in the HP Software Update window.
- If a software update is available, select the check box next to the software update.
- Click Install .
- Follow the instructions that display on the screen to complete the installation.
Retrieving a software update from the Web site
If the desired update was not in the list of updates available using the HP Software Update utility, follow the instructions below to retrieve specific updates for your software.
- Click here to use a Web browser to download a software update for your HP product.
- Under Select a task and enter a product name/number , select Download drivers and software (and firmware) .
- In the for product text box, type the HP product model number, and then click the arrow button to continue.
- Select the HP product from the list of devices that displays on the screen.
- Select the operating system that is on the computer.
- Select the desired update from the list that displays on the screen.
- Follow the instructions that display on the screen to download the update.
- The downloaded file will be a self-extracting executable file with the file extension .exe. Double-click the .exe file and follow the instructions that display on the screen to complete the installation.
Related support links
HP Support forums
Get answers on HP’s peer to peer support forum