HP Pavilion Elite m9080n Desktop PC support
Motherboard Specifications, IPIBL-LA (Berkeley)
- Manufacturer's motherboard name: ASUS IPIBL-LA
- HP/Compaq name: Berkeley-GL8E
- Micro-ATX: 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24. cm (9.6 inches)
- Northbridge: Intel G33
- Southbridge: ICH9R
- 800 MHz, 1066 MHz, 1333 MHz (processor dependent)
Socket type: 775
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6xx0 with Quad Core technology up to Q6600 (Kentsfield)
- Core 2 Duo E6x00 up to E6850 or E6700 (Conroe)
- Core 2 Duo E4x00 up to E4400 (Conroe)
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Four 240-pin DDR2 DIMM sockets
- Supported DIMM types:
- Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
- Supports 2 GB DDR2 DIMMs
- Supports 8 GB on 64 bit PCs
- Supports 4 GB* on 32 bit PCs
NOTE:*Actual available memory may be less
*Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed
- Integrated graphics using Intel GMA 3100
- Also supports PCI Express x16 graphics cards*
*Integrated audio is not available if a sound card is installed.
- High Definition 7.1 channel audio
- Audio CODEC: Realtek ALC888S
- Interface: Integrated into motherboard
- Technology: Intel 825662DC
- Data transfer speeds: up to 10/100 Mb/s
- Transmission standards:10-Base-T Ethernet
- One PCI Express x16
- Two PCI Express x1
- One PCI
Figure 2: Back I/O panel
1 - PS/2 mouse (green)
2 - Coaxial SPDIF Out
3 - RJ-45 Network (LAN)
4 - Audio: Rear Speaker Out (black)
5 - Audio: Center/Subwoofer (yellow orange)
6 - Audio: Line In (light blue)
7 - Audio: Line Out (lime)
8 - Audio: Microphone (pink)
9 - Audio: Side Speaker Out (gray)
10 - USB 2.0: 4
11 - IEEE 1394a
12 - Video Graphics Adapter
13 - Coaxial SPDIF In
14 - PS/2 keyboard (purple)
- One 24-pin ATX power connector
- One 4-pin ATX power connector
- Six SATA connectors
- One floppy drive connector
- Two 12v fan connector for CPU fan and PC fan
- One 9-pin header for power button, reset button, power LED, and HDD LED
- Three USB 2.0 headers supporting six USB ports or devices.
- One IEEE 1394a header
- One SPDIF-Audio output connector
- One 4-pin audio line-input connector (interrupts line input on back panel, Vista capable, requires matching front audio jack module)
- One 9-pin audio header for headphone-out and microphone-in (yellow, Vista capable, requires matching front audio jack module)
- One Intel high-definition Audio/Modem Link (2x8 HDMI connector)
- One jumper for resetting BIOS settings
- One jumper to disable BIOS password checking
CAUTION: Do not change any jumper setting while the computer is on. Damage to the motherboard can result.
This motherboard has jumper to clear the Real Time Clock (RTC) RAM in CMOS. In the default (normal) position the jumper is on pins 4-6.
The BIOS password is used to protect BIOS settings from unwanted changes. If the BIOS password has been forgotten, disable password checking to enter setup and change or erase the password.
To erase the BIOS password follow these steps:
- Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
- Locate the jumper labeled CLEAR_PWD. In the default (normal) position the jumper is on pins 3-5.
- Move the jumper on jumper CLEAR_PWD to pins 1-3 to clear password.
- Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.
- Hold down the F10 key during the startup process and enter BIOS setup to change or clear the password.
- After changing or clearing the BIOS passwords, remember to reset the jumper to pins 3-5.