HP bt500 Bluetooth USB 2.0 Wireless Adapter support
Setting up a New Bluetooth 2.0 Wireless Adapter
Use the information below to identify and set up the Bluetooth 2.0 Wireless Adapter. Follow the steps in order.
Setting up a new product
CAUTION:Do not install the HP Bluetooth 2.0 Wireless Adapter before you set up your printer. You must first set up the printer and install the printer software using a universal serial bus (USB) cable. Make sure you can print using the USB cable before continuing.
Step one: Unpack the Bluetooth 2.0 Wireless Adapter
- Remove the Bluetooth 2.0 Wireless Adapter from the box.
- Remove the packaging material around the adapter.
Step two: Check the contents of the box
The contents might vary by country/region. See the packaging for a list of items shipped in the box.
Step three: Install the Bluetooth 2.0 Wireless Adapter
- Locate the host USB port on your printer or all-in-one.Locating the USB port on the printerNOTE:It will usually be located in the front and is shaped like the USB port on your computer. It may be called a camera or Pictbridge port on your printer.
- Remove the cap from the HP Bluetooth Adapter and insert it into the port.Figure 2: Inserting the Bluetooth Adapter into the printer port.
Step four: Print from the Bluetooth device
You can print from different Bluetooth devices such as computers, PDAs, cameras, and camera phones. Follow these steps to print from the Bluetooth device:
- From your sending device, start the Discovery of available Bluetooth printers.
- Select the printer and enter the Passkey if prompted.
- Click Print .
Other solutions customers found helpful
HP bt450 Bluetooth Wireless Printer Adapter and bt500 Bluetooth USB 2.0 Wireless Adapter -- Cannot Print to HP Bluetooth-enabled Printer from a Bluetooth-enabled Camera or Camera Phone