Use this information to identify and setup the USB network print adapter. Follow the steps in order.
Setup the HP USB Network Print Adapter
CAUTION:Do not install the HP USB network print adapter before you set up your printer. You must first set up the printer and install the printer software using a universal serial bus (USB) cable. Make sure you can print using the USB cable before continuing.
Step one: Unpack the HP USB Network Print Adapter
- Remove the HP USB Network Print Adapter from the box.
- Remove the packaging material around the adapter.
Step two: Check the contents of the box
The contents might vary by country/region. See the packaging for a list of items shipped in the box.
Step three: Connect the network print adapter
Step four: Install the network print adapter software
- Close other software programs, especially HP software such as the HP Solution Center or HP Director.
- Insert the network print adapter CD.
- Click Install to install the software.
- Accept the license agreement.
- If you have not already connected the network print adapter and turned on the printer, do so now.
- Select your network print adapter from the list and click Next .The files begin to copy. A window displays showing the printer that has been found.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.NOTE:Leave the For best results, allow all users full printer access box checked. If this box is unchecked, only an administrator can restart the printer if it pauses because it is out of paper or for other causes.
Step five: Install the printer software and connect to the printer
If the printer software is already installed on this computer, go to Step six.
If you need to install the printer software, use the following directions.
- Leave your printer attached to the USB Network Printer Adapter.
- Insert the printer software CD or start the downloaded driver installation.
- When the software asks you to plug in the USB cable, follow the instructions in Step six.