This document contains information about replacing the cartridges.
Video of replacing the cartridges
The following video demonstrates the steps explained on this page. The outside of the product might look different, but the steps are the same for your product.
If you have trouble viewing the video or to view the video in a different size, click here to play the video on YouTube.
Replacing the cartridges
Follow the steps mentioned below to replace the cartridges.
Step one: Remove the old cartridges
- Make sure the product is turned on.
- Lift the access door until the door locks into place.
- Squeeze the bottom of the latch below the cartridge you want to replace, and then lift the latch.
- To replace the black ink cartridge, lift the latch on the far left.
- To replace one of the five color ink cartridges, such as yellow, light cyan (blue), cyan, light magenta (pink), or magenta, lift the appropriate latch.
- Pull the cartridge towards you out of its slot to remove it.NOTE:If you are removing the print cartridge because it is low or out of ink, recycle the print cartridge.
Step two: Install the new cartridges
- Remove the new cartridge from its packaging.
- Holding the new cartridge by the handle, gently push the cartridge into the empty slot.Match the color and pattern of the cartridge to the color and pattern on the print carriage.
- Close the latch and make sure it is secure.
- Close the access door.