Installing the HP Photo and Imaging software
The following document will help with installing the new HP Photo and Imaging software on the computer system.
- Close all open programs on the computer.
- Locate the HP Photo & Imaging software CD-ROM that is appropriate for the language and operating system and insert the CD-ROM disk into the computer.
- For a Microsoft(R) Windows computer: Follow the instructions on the screen. Or, if the installation program does not start automatically:
- Click Start , then click Run . The Run window will open.
- In the Open box type: X:\SETUP.EXE (where x is the letter of the CD-ROM drive).
- If the instruction prompts to shut down the computer, do so.
- Connect the USB cable between the USB port on the scanner and the USB port on the computer.
- Connect the power cable between the scanner and a surge protector or a grounded wall outlet. This turns on the scanner.
- If necessary, turn the computer on again.
Uninstalling the HP Photo and Imaging software
The Uninstall option of the setup program allows the removal of the HP Photo and Imaging software from the computer system.
- Click Start , Settings , and then Control Panel . The Control Panel opens.
- In Windows XP, click Start , and then Control Panel .
- Click Add/Remove Programs . The Add/Remove Programs window opens.
- Click the HP Photo & Imaging software , and then click Change (or Add/Remove , depending on the version of Windows.
- Click Remove and then follow the instructions on the computer screen.