Follow the instructions below to replace the cartridges.
Replacing the cartridges
Step one: Remove the old cartridge
- Make sure that the product is turned on.CAUTION:If the product is off when the cartridge door is opened in order to access the print cartridges, it will not release the cartridges. Trying to remove the cartridges if they are not released might damage the product.
- Wait until the carriage is idle and silent, and then lightly press down on a cartridge to release it.If you are replacing the tri-color cartridge, remove the cartridge from the slot on the left.
- Pull the print cartridge out of its slot and toward you.
- If you are removing the cartridge because it is low or out of ink, recycle the cartridge.
Step two: Install the new print cartridges
- Remove the new cartridge from its package and, being careful to touch only the black plastic, gently remove the plastic tape by using the pink pull tab.Figure 3: Remove the plastic tape1 - Copper-colored electrical contacts2 - Pink pull tab3 - Ink nozzles under tape
- Slide the new cartridge forward into the empty slot.If you are installing a tri-color cartridge, slide it into the left slot.
- Press the cartridge firmly into the slot until it clicks into place.
- Close the cartridge door.
Step three: Align the new cartridges
The product prompts you to align the cartridges every time you install a new cartridge. Aligning the cartridges ensures high-quality output.
- Make sure that only plain, unused, white, U.S. letter or A4 size paper is loaded in the input tray.
- On the product control panel, press OK .
- The product calibrates itself and prints a test page. Recycle or discard the page.If colored paper is loaded in the input tray when the cartridges are aligned, the alignment fails. Load plain, unused, white, U.S. letter or A4 size paper into the input tray, and then follow these steps to try the alignment again.Load plain, unused, white, U.S. letter or A4 size paper into the input tray.On the control panel, press Setup .Press 6 to select Tools , and then press 2 to select Align Print Cartridge .The product prints a test page and calibrates the printer. Recycle or discard the page.If the alignment fails a second time, there might be a problem with the sensor or with the cartridge. Continue with 'Step four: Service the product.'
Step four: Service the product
If you have completed all the preceding steps and are still experiencing a problem, service the product.
Determine if your product is in warranty or out of warranty. If you need help determining your product’s warranty status, go to HP’s Warranty Check Tool .
- If your product is in warranty , contact HP.
- If your product is out of warranty , click here to view additional printer support options starting as low as $20.