Use the information and instructions in this document as a reference when inserting a compatible memory card into the product.
Inserting a memory card
CAUTION:Never insert more than one memory card at a time. Doing so can damage files on the memory cards.
- After you have taken pictures with a digital camera, remove the memory card from the camera.
- Locate the memory card slot on the product that is compatible with your memory card.Figure 1: Memory card slot locations1 - CompactFlasxD-Pictureh (I, II)2 - Secure Digital, MultiMediaCard (MMC), Secure MultiMedia Card3 - Memory Stick, Magic Gate Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo (with user-supplied adapter), Memory Stick Pro4 - Front USB mass storage port5 - xD-Picture CardFront USB mass storage portNOTE:Some portable USB flash drives with a read-only partition, such as U3 smart drives, may be incompatible with the front mass storage port on your product. These partitions are added by the manufacturer and may include utilities and other software. Refer to the manufacturer for additional details about your drive.
- Turn the memory card so that the label faces up and the contacts face the product.CAUTION:Inserting the memory card in any other way might damage the card and the product.
- Gently push the memory card into the memory card slot until it stops. The memory card does not insert all the way into the product; do not try to force it.
- When the memory card is inserted correctly, the Memory Card light on the product flashes and then remains solid green.CAUTION:Never attempt to remove a memory card while it is being accessed. Doing so can damage files on the card. You can safely remove a card only when the status light next to the memory card slots is not blinking. Do not pull out a memory card while the Memory Card light is flashing green.