HP Officejet K7100 Printer support
Installing Print Cartridges
Use the following instructions to install the print cartridges.
Installing the print cartridges
Step one: Install the print cartridges
- Turn on the printer, open the top cover, and lift the print latch.CAUTION:The print cartridge carriage may be moving into its correct position. Be sure the print cartridge carriage is parked at the right-hand side of the printer before removing or installing print cartridges.
- If you are installing a new print cartridge, remove the print cartridge from its package, and then remove the clear nozzle protective tape by pulling on the pink pull-tab.CAUTION:To prevent clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections, do not touch the print cartridge ink nozzles or copper contacts, and do not remove the copper contacts.
- Raise the top cover of the printer, then wait until the print cartridge cradle is idle and silent. Be sure the print cartridge carriage is parked at the right-hand side of the printer before installing print cartridges.
- Hold the print cartridge with the copper contacts facing the printer, and then slide the print cartridge into the cradle.NOTE:Depending on the cartridge size, they may not align with each other.If you have trouble inserting the print cartridge after lifting the carriage latch, verify the printer is on and wait a few seconds for the carriage to disengage before inserting the print cartridge.
- Push down on the print cartridge latch until it snaps closed. Make sure the latch does not spring back open.NOTE:If you are installing a new print cartridge, the printer will automatically align the print cartridges and use one sheet of paper to print an alignment page. If you have higher quality photo media loaded in the input tray, you may want to load a sheet of plain paper before installing the new print cartridge.
- Close the top cover.
Step two: Align the print cartridges
- Load plain paper into the input tray.
- Open the Toolbox from the Printer Properties settings or open the printer driver.
- Click the Printer Services tab (Toolbox) or Services tab (printer driver).
- Click Align Print Cartridges and follow the onscreen instructions.
NOTE:The printer automatically aligns print cartridges whenever a new print cartridge is installed. However, if your printout is grainy, has stray dots, or jagged edges, you can realign the print cartridges.