This document only pertains to PC models that have the option of using Intel RAID in the BIOS.
When starting the computer Err1Err3 is shown or a blue screen opens displaying a Stop Error 07xb .
These errors can occur if the Sata Controller Mode Support BIOS setting is set to the wrong setting.
To determine if a BIOS setting is the cause of the error and to fix the problem, use the following steps:
- Turn on the computer and immediately begin pressing the F10 key repeatedly until a BIOS Setup Utility Screen appears.
- Press the Right Arrow key to select the Advanced window.
- Press the Down Arrow key to select Sata1 Controller Mode .
- The computer was purchased with a hard drive configuration in standard IDE formatting or as a Redundant Array of Independent Drives (RAID). Select the appropriate setting that matches the configuration that the computer came with: IDE (default) or RAID
- Press Enter .
- Press F10 to save the settings and exit.
- The computer opens Windows. If not, the computer may need to be serviced to replace the factory BIOS image.